My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
Hello everyone. My parents decided to have thread ceremony (Upanayanam) for my brother. He is 22 years old boy. He is feeling shy to get headshave and sit naked for oil bath. He is afraid to get ear piercing also. How should I convince him?
Ham

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Ham
Do yours too with him

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Sanju
Hi shreya

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
Hi Sanju

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Sanju
So lucky shreya ur brother..u brother ear piercing and headshave completed Aa shreya

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
No.. The ceremony is next week. He is a shy boy basically. Have you attended any thread ceremony Sanju?

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Sanju
This post was updated on .
Oh k shreya ..yes I attend frnd brother thread ceremony shreya 4 years back I attend ..Superb thread ceremony actually I attend Brahmins thread ceremony shreya.i like very much shreya

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
Very nice.. What was the age of the boy? How was the ceremony? Did they shave the head and beard?

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Sanju
Hmm..He is 21..yes shreya headshave and beard shave ..he feeling very smile that day..ceremony so nice shreya

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
Nice.. Actually boys look cute with after head shave and beard shave. Do you have any photo of the boy? I will show it to my brother so that he gets confidence.

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Sanju
Ha yes shreya boys headshave and bread shave looks very cute and nice..no shreya he photo no in mobile shreya

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
What is your age Sanju?

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Sanju
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
I am 24 years. Do you have thread ceremony tradition in your family?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
Oh okay but actually even kshatriyas and vaishyas boys should get
 thread ceremony. These days only brahmins are still performing but others should also do it according to vedas.

Are you interested in getting thread ceremony ?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
It is very interesting actually. The boy's head is shaved but hair is left at 5 places on the head called pancha sikhalu. If beard and moustache are present they are also clean shaved. Then armpits of the boy are shaved. Then he should remove the clothes and sit for oil bath. All the women in the function apply turmeric paste and oil on the body. And then he is given bath with water.

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Sanju
Yes shreya ..that feeling lots of shame feeling not all boys some boys shame feeling shreya..yes shreya he body frst headshave and bread moustache shave..after oil bath and turmeric full body apply..abbha my opinion that feeling very happy

Re: My brother's thread ceremony

Shreya
You don't feel shy? Where are you from?
12