Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
HI
I'm 22 years old girl.
I have hair till my shoulders which is going to be shaved tomrw.
My head was shaved 4 times before.
Once when I was 6 ( a typical mundan ceremony was held where my head was shaven clean)
When I was 12 ( because of Summer's it was shaven at a men's saloon)
When I was 14 ( in village temple my head was shaven clean again)
And when I was 16 ( again at a men's saloon because of summer I was made to shave my head clean)
All the head shaves were done with a ustra and by a male barber during vacations so that I'll not have any teasing problem at school.
However neighbors would tease but by the time school would begin in have a buzz and little more than that..  So that would still do instead of a  clean shaven head.

On the times when my head was not shaven
I've had boy cut hair or short mushroom cut merged with blunt cut.
My parents have always mainted  short hair for me  and have got it cut at a men's barber shop or a street barber .

Now tomorw  I'll be shaved again as my ears weren't pierced.
So for the ear piercing ceremony the pandit told that we will get her head shaven too.
I was reluctant but my parents said you've shaved your head before so it's OK..  Get it shaved.
But I'm tired of it.
I requested for a buzz cut but all in vain.
So will be shaved clean tomorrow :(
I'm worried bec I'm 22 and getting a shaven head at this age is so embarrassing!

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

alizah
Ya it's embarrassing
Now what will u do ?

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Ther is no much difference between buzzcut and clean shave..
Instead of buzz, u can go fr clean shave.. and nowadays girls r chnging the trend by shaving head.. also rainy season has strted, so ur hair wont get wet of u get drenched in rain.. so dnt worry and enjoy ur headshave..

I have no option as the head shave will be conducted tomrw and I've to get my head shaven and ears pierced

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
Yes that's true there's no difference
But you know getting head shaved in childhood is a different thing
And getting shaven now I mean it'll be so I don't know..  I'm reluctant..
As it is I have no option
Will have to get it shaved as it will happen tomorrow and everything is set from things of the puja to barber and the piecer
It's gonna happen outside a local temple there's r few trees in front of the temple
So basically a street head shave ..  :(

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Mahiya
Indeed i think its embarrassing. All u can do is stay strong sis

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
Thank you..
So all set for the head shave tmrow
Will update after the head is shaven
It will be like normal head shave
But let's see. .
Hope it goes well without any cuts
Because whenever I've got my head shaven I always hope for one without cuts as once I had got two cuts and it was bad..
So hoping it's a good and I get a smooth head at least without any cuts..
Won't say nervous as I am prepared but feeling weird and bit embarrassed as it'll be like on a street sort of..  So..
Lets see how the process goes tmro

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
I am somehow Now relaxed and excited sort of for the mundan
Fingers crossed
Hope it goes well..

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
So my head was shaven today.
This is how the day went :
After getting ready for the shaving ceremony and ear piercing we headed to the temple where my relatives were present too.
After a small puja the pandit applied a tilak on my forehead and smiled saying  that I will be shaven clean now.
My father called the barber and he said he will be there in 10 mins.
In the mean while all were talking about their own shaving experiences as the environment was such.
Slowly all started teasing me " taklu " and said that soon you will be all clean with a freshly shaven head.
I was laughing too.
The pandit said that first a few parts of my hair will be chopped off with a scissor by my uncle.
The barber arrived and we went outside the temple..  In front of it under the tree.
A mat was placed and everyone surrounded the mat in a circle.
I sat in btwn on the mat.
The barber said he will put  a cape but my mother said no let it be it's a mundan ritual so don't keep.
Then he removed his scissor and gave my uncle who chopped few bits of my hair and smiled.
After that the barber poured water and massaged for a good 15 minutes.
While he managed all were telling the barber and me different things like " shave her head well..  No cuts on head..  " " shave her freshly " " re shave it " " bend your head as per the barber "
The barber Removed his ustra and started sharpening.
He told me to stay calm and that the head will be shaved in 10 mins and I'll be "taklu " .
The barber bent my head and started shaving.
My shaven hair was falling down.
He rose my head and I was shaven clean from back.
He turned me and I could see my cousins giggling.
He shaved the right side of my head and then turned me left and shave.
He made me look up and shaved.
After the shave he reshaved again and then applied a shaving cream which was kept for a good 15-20 mins.
Since I had a hairline above my lips my dad told him to shave my face like he does for a man's  beard.
So he removed anothet ustra and applied shaving foam on my cheeks and everywhere near my face and neck n upper lips.
After 10 mins he shaved my face with ustra and my head too.
I was completely shaven clean fresh and smooth.
Then the Peircer came and pierced my ears.
After this the pandit made a om on my shaven head and told that I need to be shaved just once more that is when my hair grows  a bit just to shave it and then grow my hair however I want.
All were calling me " taklu " " ganji " " mundan" " takku " .
After this we went to a street barber as my father wanted to chop his hair short like a trim.
So I got a massage done on my shaven head and he chopped his hair short.
Over all it was a good experience and I am waiting to shave it again when it grows.
Looking at my head shave my uncle was inspired to shave his daughters head along with the piercing.

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Vasu
Hi Nitu,
Congratulations on ur headshave and ear piercing.. i'm sure ur avatar will b changed frm now on.. u'll look more feminine and gorgeous once ir hair grows out..

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Vasu
Lets hope ur uncle shaves his daughter's head so tat u get another girl's company..

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
Yes they're talking about her headshave..  Let us see..  If she gets shaven or not..  Mostly I feel she will

Yes the head is absolutely smooth so is my face
Will a re shave with ustra maintain the smoothness..  If I do after a week?

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Priyanka
Congrats Nitu I have similar experience. You like the headshave it's a good sign hope you will like you next headshave

Nitu.. ur hair will strt growing out in 2 days.. aftr tat ur head won't b smooth.. once u do it aftr 1week it ll b smooth fr 1 or 2 days.. tats all..
If u keep shaving every alternative days the head ll b smooth..

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
Yes I have never re shaved  after mundans
But this time my dad suggested to re shave for smoothness for few days before growing hair and the shaving again as per the pandit..
So yes will re shave it..
Can I tell my father to re  shave it or will the barber be better?
Will ustra do?

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
And as far as my cousin  ( uncle's daughter)
Her head is going to be shaved tomorrow or day after tomorrow at a street barber where we usually go for haircuts and shaves.
She was reluctant but looking at my head shave she is kind of composed.
She did say no but then it's decided for her head shave so she's mentally prepared.
Probably I'll get my re shave then if it's day after tomorrow

Yes I was reluctant as I felt weird but it was good :)

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Nitu
My cousin will be shaven clean in Tuesday and that time simultaneously I will get my re shave..
There will be several barbers at the street barber..
I however didn't get the face shave idea..  It's necessary to shave the face to make it look even?
I had upper lips so got it shaved..
Is it necessary to shave the face again?

Yes next re shave on Tuesday for smoothness along with my cousins mundan

Re: Mundan along with ear piercing please read and help/ suggest

Vasu
Its not necessary to shave ur face..
Just do reshave ur head..