I owe $65k in credit card debt. What's better: those credit consolidation loans that I get in the mail or filing for bankruptcy?

stevebrown
I owe $65k in credit card debt. What's better: those credit consolidation loans that I get in the mail or filing for bankruptcy?

Re: I owe $65k in credit card debt. What's better: those credit consolidation loans that I get in the mail or filing for bankruptcy?

crisewens
I would argue that you are missing another option...Settlement. Bankruptcy is like decorating a house with a sledge hammer. It will solve the problem but leave no house to decorate.

You have choices for debt settlement. You can attempt to settle with them yourself. Begin to accumulate a nest egg and begin to chop at the highest rate or most aggressive of CC companies and find a number they will settle the account for. This comes with some issues. Most often, these companies will begin to put you through legal hurdles that scare even the most courageous debtor.

Re: I owe $65k in credit card debt. What's better: those credit consolidation loans that I get in the mail or filing for bankruptcy?

freestown7
Very sorry for your situation. I used to deal with this program of credit consolidation https://debtquest.com/options/card-consolidation/ and should say that company did an excellent job in providing my family and I help that we very much needed. Their representatives were super helpful and respectful, their explanation of this program was easy to understand. Simply give them a try